Sunday, December 13, 2009

19 going on 20

I was struck by a sudden realization, while rereading the Twilight saga, that my time as a teenager is coming to an end.

Bella wanted to be frozen in her teens, before she turned 20, because Edward is forever 17. Haha.


Friends! We are turning into our 20s!

How about that, huh?

Haha. It actually doesn't bother me much.

Rather, it gives me one less reason to remain a kid.

Okay, maybe that does bother me a little. o.0


I was wondering about what is left of my days as a teen, when I backtracked and relived the year.

It sure was eventful, but lonely as well.


Foundation to Degree.

Psychology to Economics.

Local to Abroad.

I don't like change. Especially transformations that were not initiated by me.

It really is a blessing and a curse, to have an elder in the family who would stir up my life, in the name of fatherly love.

Manipulative, that's the word. And it irritates the hell out of me.

Still, a blessing and a curse.


On another note, I realized that the world was getting lonelier.

My parents don't see past my obvious flaws.

My friends are growing distant physically and intellectually. Sunway, Singapore, UK; Arts, Science, Social Science.

My relationship with sister was regressing towards roommates, as we were submerged in our own personal problems, and rarely shared them. [Note the past tense]

And my broken mirror nicked me time and time again with his self-centredness and lack of faith, reminding me of his pain, hoping I could fix him up.

In any case, nobody felt the need to share their inner thoughts with me, so I felt the same.

Not even bothering to BLOG about anything at all. It was lonely. =.=


One other thing that I would regret is I idled away a lot of my time. A LOT.

I'm ashamed to talk about how I wasted my time, so let's just leave it at that.

Urgh...my guilt is eating me up.


Regardless, I still learnt. Stumbling all the way towards adulthood.

Pray for a better me.

0 comments: