Friday, June 26, 2009

Suck it up!

Imagine you were me:
Having class, paying attention, eager to learn, not wanting to miss even a word the lecturer says, wishing you could digest/absorb everything the lecturer is teaching you.

Then, you hear this...

"Sir! Let's call it a day."
"Sir! That's all for today."
"Sir! Raining oh..."
"Sir! Tired lah sir..."

and other petty excuses people use so that the lecturer would let the class off early.

So, imagine you were me.
You would be PISSED OFF.

That is not all.
Imagine you are talking. Then, somebody cut you short, and asks you something insignificant.
Worse still, that somebody drops some silly remark---which, I suppose, is meant to be funny.
That is what happens to my lecturers.

I don't know what my lecturers think.
But that is so damn RUDE.

So, imagine you were me.
What would you do?
Keep quiet? or speak up?

Bear in mind that many others share your opinion too.
Unfortunately, nobody chooses to speak up.

So, my dear friends, if you know me well, you would know what I did.
I took the first step, however small it was.
[Yes, unfortunately, it had to be me.]

The lecturer was letting us off. He was, thank goodness, finished with his lectures.
"So, your homework is..."
"Sir! Don't want lah!"

That did it. I said, "Shut up!"

Frankly, I do not know if the particular person heard me.
But people behind me told me I said it rather loudly.
I suspect my lecturer heard me, though. After all, I sit in the 1st row.

So there. I spoke up.
But, I should have said this instead:
You signed up for this. Suck it up!

1 comments:

Phoebe Lee Hilary said...

too bad i wasn't there to witness this all...anyway, YEA YOU"RE SO RIGHT!!! when you really want to do the best and dont wanna miss anything in case its important, there you go...some trouble makers or the gossip group or the whatever they are start disturbing the class. It's just so irritating! So big ady still dunno whats should be done and what shouldn't! Felt like kicking their ass out of the class sometimes!!! ARGHHH!!!!