Tuesday, June 2, 2009

I haven't been online for a couple of weeks.
I think some of you friends are starting to miss me....haha
Or...more to the point, you want to know how I've been doing.

The first week of classes in the UOL programme...
There is just one word to describe it ----- OVERWHELMING

The reason, is because of the programme itself.
There is also one word to describe this ----- CHALLENGING

The expectations are so much higher than anything I've ever experienced.
And me, I want to be a top student.
One of the few things I am proud of myself is my academic achievements.
It just proves that I am good at something.
So, I want to know if I am good at this.
It is challenging, but exciting at the same time.

Speaking of exciting, Sociology comes to mind.
Principles of Sociology is one of my core subjects.
It's all about reading, understanding, critical thinking, and more reading.
It is all very complex, and I shall tell you more when I learn more myself.
But it is the most interesting subject I have in Year 1.

Ironically, I find that I could fall asleep in my Econs classes.
I actually dozed off for a few minutes today!
Is that indication of my interest in the subject?
Or just plain cold that freezes my brain over?
Haha...just kidding...I have absolutely no regrets choosing this course.
But my classroom is truly very cold, and I cannot stand cold 'weather'. Seriously.
Furthermore, it was a 3-hour class. Furthermore, I think I didn't get a good night's sleep.
OK, I'm babbling. It is obviously my fault that i fell asleep in class. More excuses will only make me all the more guilty.

And the Mathematics....
I love it.
My lecturer is damn good too.
I actually said this to my friend, "If I had a teacher like this in school, I'd be great at Maths."
Not to say that I'm not good though....haha

I met Bro yesterday.
A thought crossed my mind. OK, actually, 2 thoughts crossed my mind.
The first would be, we don't talk that much when we see each other. It's just so weird, considering that we are such good friends.
Come to think of it, our friendship is pretty much an 'online relationship'.
It was built online.
HAHAHAHA
We chat a lot online, but we don't chat that much in real life. Well, that is because I only get to see him a few times a year anyway.

And the 2nd thought, he isn't that much taller than I am, maybe taller by an inch or two?
Mind you, I wasn't wearing high heels. Just my B.U.M equipment.
OK, no discrimination here. I was merely momentarily reminded of how tall we are.
Right, he's not gonna be happy about this. I hope he doesn't kill me. I hope he doesn't even read this. HAHA

And did you read about the news on USM?
I do not know how much of what they said were true. Apparently there was a technical error. 4574 students thought they were accepted into the apex university, when apparently they were not. They were just in the list of students who fulfill their requirements, and didn't cut it to the 3599 places offered at USM. 3599 to me, sounded like the price of a piece of furniture at some furniture store...My sister actually laughed at that.

My cousin Grace was one of them.
That was just so unfortunate. Though I would say fortunate for us family members.
If she got into USM and got the course she wanted, she'd be sent to Kelantan.
Man, that's like another planet entirely.
Anyhow, I hope she gets UKM or UPM, and of course, the course that she wants.
But I think, now that the USM has done them 4574 students wrong, USM should ensure that each and every one of them gets a place in other universities. Don't you think?